Psychological Health Program

What should I do if someone is in a crisis?

  • Call the National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
  • Call 911
  • Take the soldier to the nearest emergency department


How do I know if I (or one of my Soldiers/Family Members) is in a crisis?

  • Soldiers experience thoughts about harming themselves or others
  • Soldiers may be acting irrational or inappropriate




Ensure Safety

  • Contain Situation
  • Ensure soldier has an escort
  • Use Community First Responders

Use Local Resources

  • Closest emergency room
  • If on a DoD installation, may use military treatment facility

Communicate with Provider

  • Reason for referral/situation
  • Ensure release of info to unit
  • Assume provider will be civilian


  • Initiate SIR/CCIR
  • If on military status -  Complete DA Form 2173, Medical Eligibility Worksheet (MMSO), obtain proof of duty status. submit through eMMPS (medchart). This is to request authorization for payment of services.

Follow Up

  • Follow through on treatment recommendations
  • After resolutions of acute episode, the commander or supervisor may order a CDBHE