For the Commander, assess the readiness, discipline, efficiency, economy, morale, and training of the Army Reserve. Teach and train Soldiers to published standards and policies. Provide assistance with matters not resolved through normal command or regulatory channels. Investigate fraud, waste and abuse.
To support the Army Reserve we will:
• Provide candid, objective and uninhibited analysis and advice.
• Emphasize integrity, ethics and discipline.
• Promote readiness, efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Conduct our activities with the highest standards of ethical leadership and professionalism.
• Exercise fairness, impartiality and timeliness in accomplishing our mission.
*IAW ADP 6-0, the Inspector General is a resource utilized by the Commander as an instrument in the Mission Command philosophy as he practices exercising his judgment in the art of command.