» Fall application phase: March 30 | » Spring application phase: September 2
GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign Opportunities
If you are interested in receiving an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship and commissioning into the Army Reserve, the GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign provides you an excellent opportunity.
The GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign covers 4 years of full tuition and fees or $10,000 for room and board at colleges and universities served by an Army ROTC program.
Scholarship recipients also receive a monthly stipend of $420, and a yearly book allowance of $1,200. In addition, GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign recipients participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program, which gives them experience with an Army Reserve unit while earning additional money for their service.
To get started, high school seniors should contact the Professor of Military Science or Recruiting Operations Officer at the Army ROTC program that serves their college or university. There are 275 host programs that cover nearly 3,000 schools across the United States.
To find a program that serves your college or university, go to goarmy.com/rotc. For questions concerning the GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign, email the GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign manager or call 502-624-7695 or 502-624-8237.
• Currently in the Army Reserve or eligible to enlist (meaning test and physically qualified but not sworn in)
• U.S. Citizen
• Between the ages of 17-30
• Valid Chapter 2 MEPS physical
• Able to pass a valid Army Physical Fitness Test (required to sign contract and receive scholarship benefits)
• Be in compliance with AR 600-9 HT/WT standards
• Official University/College acceptance letter
• 4-year scholarship applicants require: 2.5 GPA SAT-1000 and/or ACT-19
• Participate in Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
• Once commissioned…8-year service obligation
• Must be no older than 30 in the year of your commission
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Have an official acceptance letter from the University/College you plan to attend. Must have ROTC program.
2. High School: To receive a 4-year GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign you are required to have a 2.5 HS GPA, 1000 SAT, and/or 19 ACT.
3. Inform the ROTC Recruiting Operations Officer (ROO) at the university you plan to attend interest in joining the ROTC program and scholarship.
4. The ROO will assist and build the scholarship request packet. You will require the following docs to submit with the application:
Also, it’s a requirement to have status (enlist) in the Army Reserve. While applying it’s only required to be eligible to enlist. That means the applicant must be test/phys. qualified – Qualified Not Enlisted (QNE) with the MEPS. The applicant will not be required to swear-in until they have received a ROTC scholarship offer letter.
The Army Reserve Minuteman Program Brochure (.pdf)