The use of military history includes, but is not limited to:
Write the official history of the Army Reserve in peace and war.
Army Reserve Historical Research Collections (Archives):
Preserve the institutional memory of the Army Reserve through an archives/oral history program.
Army Reserve Historical Artifact Collections:
Exhibit Army Reserve history and overseeing Army Reserve museum and artifact collection activities.
Military History Detachment:
Oversee military history detachment (MHD) training/readiness (28 RC, 2 AC, 7 NG).
• Provide support to the USARC and OCAR staff.
• Provide historical advice to the commander in his/her decision making process.
• Develop and provide military history educational programs.
• Support public and command information activities.
• Providing historical support to assist the down-trace and enhance esprit de corps.