Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
DFAS remains the world's largest finance and accounting operation. DFAS pays all DoD military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, as well as major DoD contractors and vendors. The DFAS core values form the essential character of each individual within the agency. They are the guiding principles for each plan, project or action.
Ask, Care, Escort Suicide Intervention (ACE SI) Validation
The ACE SI Training Program is a recognized best practice with the Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC). The listing for ACE SI in the Best Practices Registry can be found at the SPRC website.
Command Inspector General
COL Krista Vaughan
Inspector General Sergeants Major
SGM Richard Perez
If you experience an error downloading, right click, save link as, save, and open with Adobe Acrobat.
• The Inspector General (IG) is an extension of the eyes, ears, voice, and conscience of the Commander.
• The IG supports the Chain of Command by increasing visibility of issues so the Commander can take appropriate action.
• The IG serves as an impartial fact-finder and problem solver - be an "honest broker".
• IG’s job is to be familiar with issues in the command and advise all Commanders of their existence for quick resolution.
• Be honest.
• Don't provide misleading information.
• Remember your IGs can only resolve a case on the basis of fact.
• Don't expect instant action on your request ... be patient.
• Understand that the outcome of your case might not be what you expected (the IG will always explain why).