Army Reserve Careers Group

Warrior Citizen Selected Reserve


Ready to continue your Army career in the Army Reserve?

Then transfer to aArmy Reserve's Warrior Citizen reenlist during the 2007 Army Reserve National Capital Reenlistment Ceremony troop program unit (TPU).  TPU Soldiers are the heart and soul of the Army Reserve. Being part of a TPU in the Army Reserve is more like a part-time job that enables Soldiers to keep their civilian careers while they continue to train near home and serve their country. Many professionals as well as college students are Soldiers in the Army Reserve.


Individual Ready Reserve Soldiers

To enable you to transfer to a TPU, your gaining unit must submit a DA Form 4651-R or 4187 to your reserve center's Army Reserve Career Counselor.  HRC-Fort Knox maintains a partial list of select unit vacancies. For additional vacancies please contact your Army Reserve Career Counselor. 

Active Army Soldiers

Continue your military career upon separation from active duty by participating in the Army Reserve as a member of a TPU and build upon the training and experience you have gained on Active Duty, while earning pay and benefits and working towards a Reserve retirement at age 60. 

As part of your pre-separation counseling and out-processing, you will be briefed on your Reserve obligations or options, as well as the benefits of joining the Army Reserve, by your local Army Reserve Career Counselor/In-Service Recruiter. They will inform you of the many opportunities available within the Army Reserve.

It is not difficult to arrange for a transfer to a Reserve unit near your home of record prior to your separation from active duty. Your local Army Reserve Career Counselor or Reserve Component Career Counselor can assist you in joining an Army Reserve unit of your choice and location. 

They can help arrange for a unit position in advance of your separation from active duty in order to preclude any break in service. Orders may be processed in advance through the retention and transition system assigning you to a Reserve position in a unit prior to your separation from active duty. Also, your local transition point can help facilitate this transition. 
For more information, contact your nearest Army Reserve Career Counselor.
For more information on Army Reserve Programs, click here to go to the Stay Army Reserve website at