Fort Knox, Kentucky

How To Find A Unit

One of the great benefits of serving in America's Army Reserve is the ability to experience a multitude of different units throughout your career. Career Management Officers (CMOs) and Army Reserve Career Counselors (ARCCs) recommend that Soldiers change units every 2-3 years to enhance their careers, expose them to different units and show promotion boards that they are not prone to homesteading.

If you're interested in transferring to a new unit, the first step is to identify a vacancy. Click here to view instructions on finding one. After you identify at least three UICs, contact your Army Reserve Career Counselor or your Career Management Officer to find a POC to facilitate the transfer.