Our History

The 4th Sustainment Command has over fifty years of history. The journey began when the unit was constituted on January 16, 1952 as the 4th Logistical Command in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Logistical Command. The unit was reactivated February 10, 1952 at Leghorn, Italy and was inactivated January 20, 1954 at Leghorn, Italy.
 
Activated 15 June 1958 in France.
 
Headquarters 4th Logistical Command reorganized and redesignated June 24, 1961 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Logistical Command (original Headquarters Company concurrently disbanded).
 
On May 7, 1964 it was reorganized and redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 4th Logistical Command, and then was reorganized and redesignated on June 24, 1964 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Logistical Command. It later inactived on June 23, 1967 at Fort Lee, Virginia.
 
On December 21, 1975 the unit was redesignated as the 4th Support Center and activated at Fort Hood, Texas.
 
On March 1, 1989, it was redesignated as the 4th Material Management Center Corps Support Command.
 
On October 1, 2000 it was reorganized and redesignated as the 4th Support Center. The 4th Support Center was inactivated September 15, 2007 at Fort Hood, Texas.
 
On November 29, 2007 the unit was withdrawn from the Regular Army and allotted to the Army Reserve.
 
Redesignated October 16, 2008 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Sustainment Command, the unit activated at San Antonio, Texas.

  • Contact Us
    3860 Petroleum Drive 
    San Antonio, Texas 78234

    General Inquiries:
     (210) 466-2786  
    Media Inquiries:  (210) 466-2628

    Email Us!