Commanders and leaders at all levels are responsible for individual Soldier readiness and will use all available tools, resources, and authorities to reduce the number of non-deployable Soldiers within their formations.
Likewise, individual Soldiers will remain personally responsible and prepare for training and worldwide deployment at all times. (SOURCE: Army Directive 2018-22 Retention Policy for Non-Deployable Soldiers - Nov. 8, 2018)
Six criteria to determine if a Soldier is DEPLOYABLE:
- Deploy in any mission environment.
- Physically be able to perform in austere environments or those with harsh conditions.
- Must be able to use their assigned weapons.
- Must be able to execute their assigned Warrior Tasks.
- Must be able to operate wearing all personal protective gear necessary.
- Must be able to pass current fitness standards.