FORT BRAGG, N.C. –
Provide an expeditionary, deployable, and scalable medical staff (85 personnel) to urban areas to assist with low acuity, medical care in support of the Joint Force Land Component Commander (JFLCC) COVID-19 response.
- Medical subject matter experts
- Pre-packaged to staff 250 Bed Field Medical Station (FMS)
- Does not perform surgeries or care for trauma patients.
- Low acuity care
The Army is conducting a change of mission to focus on combating the COVID-19 pandemic. With this new mission, the Army will protect the force, posture the force to maintain global operational readiness, and support the national effort to fight against COVID-19. The Army Reserve provides forces as the force provider to the JFLCC to meet global challenges, and provide support to the FEMA-led national COVID-19 response.
The UAMTF consists of about 85 personnel, including clinical and administrative staff, operational medicine, infectious disease, preventive medicine, nursing, respiratory therapist, clinical psychologist, occupational therapist, dietician, pharmacist, and other medical subject matter experts. The UAMTF does not come with equipment, medicines, and ICU capability.
- Temperature: ≥100.0 F* or subjective fever (*Fever cutoffs are different in guidance for the healthcare workers. This is done to recognize illness early.)
- Respiratory Symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, and sore throat
- Atypical Symptoms: muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
Quarantine in Quarters
- If at work, leave area immediately
- Isolate in quarters (currently isolated in individual room)
- Notify supervisor, chain of command, or designated agent representative
- Daily telephone contact with supervisor
- Delivered meals
- Enforce distance standards
Criteria for Return to Work
- 7 days following onset of illness and 72 hours afebrile without use of antipyretics
- Resolving respiratory symptoms
- Released by medical officer for return to work
- Work limitations as directed by medical officer
- Supervisor notified
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) — TTY 888-232-6348
Regular Business Hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET
In English or Spanish
COVID HOTLINE: 1-800-984-8523
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Questions
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week (in English only)