Army Reserve celebrates 100 years of Camp Dix
Soldiers from the U.S. Army Reserve’s 78th Army Band and 319th Army Band perform music July 18 during the Dix Centennial celebration at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey. Camp Dix provided key support to the Army and the nation from its inception in 1917 until its re-designation as “Fort Dix” in 1939. On Oct. 1, 2009, Fort Dix transformed into the United States Army Support Activity, Fort Dix and became part of Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. More than 42,000 active-duty and reserve-component service members, civilian employees and family members work and reside on the base.