IS THIS FOR YOU?
We provide Legal Operational Support (LOS) to Army Reserve operational, functional, support and training commands, staff judge advocates, legal advisors, institutions, and agencies through 28 Legal Operations Detachments (LODs) across the United States.
Are you a Soldier in need of assistance? Please refer to our legal assistance page for more answers.
LOD Judge Advocates (JAs) balance their civilian occupations with required individual and unit training as dictated by the ARFORGEN cycle.
Consequently, mission support is subject to availability of legal resources.
REQUESTING LEGAL OPERATIONAL SUPPORT (LOS):
Before proceeding to the form, please read to fully understand how to request for Legal Operational Support.
• Legal Operational Support is subject to the availability of funds and constrained by the statutory limitations of annual training.
• Force Requestor (FR) requesting missions longer than 29 consecutive days must fund mission (duty days, travel, and per diem).
• IAW USARLC Travel Policy, USARLC may fund duty days when sourced by LOD within allowable commuting distance of requested duty location.
• Generally, FR are expected to pay travel and per diem.
• You MUST submit your request no later than 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE of the requested mission date.
**This includes requests for routine, specialized, and institutional, agency, and intermediate-term Legal Operational Support.
• Requests submitted less than 30 days are considered untimely and may not be filled.
WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT DO YOU REQUIRE?
1. ROUTINE LEGAL OPERATIONAL SUPPORT:
To request legal operational support for SRPs (briefings, estate planning, POAs, etc.), Yellow Ribbon support, routine or specialized legal briefings (military justice, Law of War, ethics, etc.) complete the "Request for Legal Support" form (RLS) below.
2. SPECIALIZED LEGAL OPERATIONAL SUPPORT:
Reserve and active component OSJAs and legal offices requesting specialized legal operational support (i.e. elimination or separation board recorders, investigating officers, legal advisors, Article 32 preliminary hearing officers, Special Victim Counsel, etc.) complete the RLS form below.
3. INTERMEDIATE-TERM LEGAL OPERATIONAL SUPPORT / INSTITUTIONAL / AGENCY:
Requests for RC and AC intermediate-term legal operational support (14-29 consecutive days in length), Institutional (OTJAG, TJAGLCS, USALSA, PPTO, etc.) and outside federal agency (DIILS, DLA, DSCA, etc.) complete the RLS form below.
4. LONG-TERM LEGAL OPERATIONAL SUPPORT:
Requests from USAR Force Requesters (FR) for long-term legal operational support (29+consecutive days in length) will be funded by the FR. USAR FR will pay duty days, travel and per diem. All USAR OFTS requests should be submitted through this website. Long-Term Legal Operational Support for 29+ days from a non-USAR FR (i.e. active component, agencies, institutions, etc.) should be directed to USARLC's Mobilization Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to submit a Legal Operational Support Form or if you have any questions regarding Legal Operational Support, please contact USARLC's G-3 Operations at email@example.com.
• Legal Operational Support • Trial Defense • Command Legal Support • Judge teams • Legal Assistance to Soldiers • Domestic Legal Support to Civil Authorities • International Education and Training
MG Benjamin Hunton Memorial Reserve Center
8791 Snouffer School Road
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879-1624
Request Legal Operational