PreviewRetirement/ Transition Support 
1.      Human Resources Command Reserve Retirement Services:
Retired pay applications should be submitted 9 months prior to 60th birthday to ensure all documents are processed correctly to DFAS Cleveland, so you receive retired pay the first month after your 60th birthday.
     The Army Reserve Careers Division and its 13 Battalions are on mission to grow and sustain the strength of the Army Reserve by providing skill-rich operational forces to commanders.  Over 1400 Army Reserve Career Counselors, located throughout the United States and its territories, Europe, and in the current Southwest Asian theater of operations with Army Central Command, provide Army Reserve Warriors - both prior service and Individual Ready Reserve transfers - to Army Reserve Units.  They also conduct reenlistments, present career progression opportunities and manage accession programs. 
3.      Veterans Administration:
The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony.
4.      Military OneSource:
Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members. They can also include more complex issues like relationships, stress, and grief. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone and online. Many Military OneSource staff members have military experience (veterans, spouses, Guardsmen, Reservists), and all receive ongoing training on military matters and military lifestyle. The program can be especially helpful to service members and their families who live at a distance from installations.
SBP processing only applies to soldiers who are not receiving retired pay. The Reserve Component Retirement Branch maintains files and electronic data on all Army National Guard and Army Reserve soldiers who elect to use the SBP program by completing the SBP election form (DD FORM 1883) or DD Form 2656-5.