Warrior Transition Support Program

Army Wounded Warrior Program

The Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2) is the official U.S. Army program that assists and advocates for severely wounded, ill and injured Soldiers, Veterans, and their Families, wherever they are located, regardless of military status. 

Toll Free: (877) 393-9058
Overseas DSN: (312) 221-9113
Email: usarmy.pentagon.medcom-WTC.mbx.contact-center@mail.mil

Real Warriors

The Real Warriors Campaign is an initiative launched by the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE) to promote the processes of building resilience, facilitating recovery and supporting reintegration of returning service members, veterans and their families.

Soldier and Family Assistance Centers 

SFACs are located at most military treatment facilities to serve WTs and their Families. The SFAC offers most of the services available throughout the installation in a central location, and SFAC staff can coordinate other services on an as-needed basis.
Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injuries

A traumatic brain injury (TBI) results from a blow or jolt to the head that disrupts the normal function of the brain.

It may knock you out briefly or for an extended period, or make you feel confused or see stars, also known as an alteration of consciousness. 

Toll-free: 1-866-966-1020
Email: Resources@dcoeoutreach.org

Army Career and Alumni Program

ACAP provides world-class transition and job assistance services to Soldiers and civilian employees and their Families. ACAP centers are located on most Army installations, staffed by experienced transition and employment counselors who can provide personalized counseling and assistance.

WTs begin ACAP counseling upon beginning the Medical Evaluation Board/Physical Evaluation Board process.


It is very important that all retiring Soldiers receive retirement counseling prior to separating from the Army. Many of the key decisions on entitlements and benefits must be made BEFORE the Soldier separates from the Army. WTs interested in retiring from the Army should speak to their squad leader and installation Retirement Service Officer to schedule retirement counseling.