When you deactivate, you may purchase TRICARE Reserve Select again with no break in coverage as long as you re-qualify.
• Submit your completed Reserve Component Health Coverage Request Form (DD Form 2896-1) with a premium payment postmarked no later than 60 days after the loss of the TRICARE coverage.
• TRICARE Reserve Select begins on the day after the loss of other TRICARE coverage.
• If you qualify for the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP) when you deactivate, TRICARE Reserve Select begins following the 180-day TAMP period.
Loss of Eligibility
Your coverage automatically ends if you leave the Selected Reserve or lose eligibility for any other reason.
You may purchase TRICARE Reserve Select again if you re-qualify.
• Upon loss of TRS coverage you may qualify purchase temporary coverage through the Continued Health Care Benefit Program (CHCBP).
• You're not required to purchase the CHCBP. Instead you may use employer-sponsored health insurance, Medicaid or any other plan offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
You need to schedule an appointment with any TRICARE authorized provider, network or non-network.
Find a Doctor:
• If you visit a non-network provider, you'll pay higher cost shares and may have to file your own health care claims.
• If you visit a network provider, you'll pay lower cost shares and the provider will file health care claims for you.
• Monthly premiums
• Annual deductible
• Cost share (or percentage) for covered services
• Log in to the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased Tricare Application
• Follow the instructions to enroll
To log in, you must have one of the following:
• Common Access Card
• DFAS (Mypay) Account
• DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) Premium (Level 2) account.
For more information regarding TRICARE Reserve Select, click HERE (External Site)