June 13, 2016 –
FORT LEE - The 310th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) was one of the few units in the Army logistics world to be honored with the prestigious Distinguished Unit of the Regiment award at the Quartermaster Corps Regimental Honors Ceremony at Fort Lee, Va., June 10, 2016.
Army Reserve Col. William J. McLaen, the chief of staff for the 310th ESC, and Command Sgt. Maj. Levi G. Maynard, the senior enlisted advisor for the 310th ESC, represented the unit while receiving the award in the ballroom at the historic Lee Club.
The Army Quartermaster Regiment award honors units such as the 310th ESC for contributions and service made in Army Sustainment operations.
Constituted Aug. 29, 1950 in the Organized Reserve Corps as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 310th Logistical Command, the unit was activated Sept. 8, 1950 at Fort Myer, Virginia, and redesignated into the Army Reserve Corps on July 9, 1952. Headquarters, 310th Logistical Command reorganized and redesignated Nov. 1, 1960 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 310th Logistical Command Headquarters Company, 310th Logistical Command, and was then reorganized and redesignated Feb. 4, 1963 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 310th Logistical Command.
The unit was later reorganized and redesignated on Jan. 31, 1968 as Headquarters and Special Troops, 310th Field Army Support Command. Reorganized and redesignated Feb. 1, 1972 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company and Special Troops, 310th Field Army Support Command, the unit then moved on July 1, 1975 to Fort Belvoir, Virginia. The designation was again changed on Oct. 31, 1978 to Headquarters and Headquarters Company and Special Troops, 310th Support Command.
The 310th ESC was inactivated Oct. 15, 2000 at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, but was again redesignated on Nov. 15, 2005 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 310th Support Command, and redesignated Apr. 16, 2006 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 310th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary). It was then activated on Sept. 16, 2007 at Ft. Benjamin Harrison, Indiana.
The 310th ESC was ordered into active military service Jan. 23, 2011 to deploy in support of Operation New Dawn, and released from active military service Jan. 26, 2012.
Most recently, the 310th ESC was again ordered into active military service Oct. 22, 2014, to mobilize to Ft. Hood, Tx., taking 115 Soldiers from the unit to replace the 103rd ESC, during their deployment, to support the III Corps Sustainment area of operations.
While at Ft. Hood, the unit served as the senior logistics command for III Corps, supporting four US Army Divisions and nine separate functional brigades.
Also while mobilized at Ft. Hood, the 310th ESC forward deployed 33 of their Soldiers to Iraq, to form an Advise and Assist Team for logistic support to the Iraqi National Army.
During the mobilization, the 310th ESC rear element continued operational command at Ft. Benjamin Harrison, Ind., for the 8,000 Soldiers operating across the Eastern United States that make up the 643rd Regional Support Group, the 38th Regional Support Group and the 55th Sustainment Brigade and the 398th Financial Management Support Center.