Mr. Herold Hudson, Command Executive Officer, 364th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) (Photo by Maryjane Porter)
Herold J. Hudson became the Command Executive Officer (CXO) on December 13, 2015. As the CXO, he is the full-time representative for the command exercising managerial control in the absence of the commanding general. He is responsible for running the headquarters and implementing, funding, supporting, sustaining and improving readiness and training of 4,626 Army Reserve Soldiers in 46 units across 30 facilities in 6 states. Mr. Hudson oversees the 21 headquarters staffs and 330 employees across the command to ensure they are integrated, synchronized, resourced and focused on both future planning and daily execution of $42 million in support of three subordinate brigades and their units.
Prior to assuming his position in the Army Reserve, he was the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer of a Tribal Government. In this position, he advised the Tribal Council in developing, communicating and implementing the organizational strategy and vision. He partnered with local mayors, county council members, state representatives and congressional leaders maintaining critical relationships and collaborating on joint projects. He set up the first comprehensive Department-level Program Review process. He planned, funded and opened a new cultural resource department, a new mental health outreach office, a youth leadership program, and a new medical clinic within 12 months. He hosted and facilitated the first community strategic planning session with tribal, city, and school leaders, federal agencies, business leaders, and other major stakeholders. Prior to this, he was the Accounting and Tax Manager for a local CPA firm where he developed and implemented marketing and process improvements resulting in a 20% increase in revenues and instituted cash collection strategies resulting in improved operational cash flow and reduced delinquent accounts by 50%.
• Jan 2013 – Dec 2015: Staff Operations & Training Officer, Human Resources Officer, and Auditor, 364th Expeditionary Sustainment Command (ESC), Marysville, WA
• Apr 2014 – Apr 2016: Commander, 1-364 Training Support Battalion, JBLM, WA
• Mar 2012 – Jan 2013: Chief of Mobilization, 364th ESC, Marysville, WA
• Jan 2009 – Mar 2012: Chief Executive Officer, Sauk-Suiattle Indian Tribe, Darrington, WA
• Jul 2007 – Jan 2009: Chief Financial Officer, Sauk-Suiattle Indian Tribe, Darrington, WA
• Jan 1999 – Jul 2007: Accounting & Tax Manager, Davis & Jonas PS, Everett, WA
• Master of Strategic Studies, 2016. U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, PA
• Master of Education, Instructional Technology, 1997. City University, Seattle, WA
• Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 1993. Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA