4th ESC Mission
To serve the 6,000 Soldiers and their Families assigned to the 4th ESC and to deploy the ESC headquarters to perform theater sustainment operations. We provide capability and options to the Joint Task Force Commander. Our #1 priority is Individual, Unit, and Family Readiness. We strive daily to learn and to remain humble, while providing decisive leadership, dependable resourcing, objective assessment, and a disciplined orders process.
4th ESC Vision
As a Mission Command Headquarters
To provide a JTF Commander in Any Corner of the Globe with trained, ready, resilient, and equipped Soldiers, leaders, and units while caring for our Soldiers and their families at home.
As an ESC Headquarters
To provide exceptional and predictable logistics that enables the JTF Commander to Win in Any Corner of the Globe.
The 4th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) has over fifty years of history.
The journey began when the unit was constituted on 16 January 1952 as the 4th Logistical Command in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Logistical Command.
The unit was reactivated 10 February 1952 at Livorno, Italy and was inactivated 20 January 1954 at Livorno, Italy.
The unit reactivated again on 15 June 1958 in France.
Headquarters 4th Logistical Command reorganized and redesignated 24 June 1961 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Logistical Command.
On 7 May 1964, it was reorganized and redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 4th Logistical Command, and then was reorganized and redesignated on 24 June 1964 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Logistical Command.
It later inactivated on 23 June 1967 at Fort Lee, Virginia.
On 21 December 1975, the unit was redesignated as the 4th Support Center and activated at Fort Hood, Texas.
On 1 March 1989, it was redesignated as the 4th Material Management Center Corps Support Command.
On 1 October 2000, it was reorganized and redesignated as the 4th support center.
The 4th Support Center was inactivated 15 September 2007 at Fort Hood, Texas.
On 29 November 2007, the unit was withdrawn from the Regular Army and allotted to the Army Reserve.
Redesignated 16 October 2008 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Sustainment Command, the unit activated at San Antonio, Texas.
The 4th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) mobilized in spring of 2011, to support allied operations in Afghanistan.
For its stellar logistical support during its deployment to Afghanistan, the 4th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) was awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation.
The 4th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) mobilized in summer of 2015 to Kuwait, to support contingency operations in the CENTCOM AOR.