412th Theater Engineer Command
The 412 Theater Engineer Command provides trained and ready forces in support of global operations and provides policies, guidance, resourcing and administrative support as an Operational Command over assigned Army Reserve units. On order, the 412th TEC mobilizes and deploys to a theater of operations as the senior engineer headquarters to provide mission command of assigned or attached units in support of the Army Service Component Command’s assured mobility, protection, logistics, and infrastructure development lines of operation.
412th Theater Engineer Command
1265 Porters Chapel Road
Vicksburg, MS 39180
General Inquiries: (601) 629-3462
Suicide Prevention Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (Veterans press 1) for all Soldiers, Army Civilians, and Family Members who may be in crisis.
Chaplain: (601) 631-6139 Family Programs: (601) 631-6160
Equal Opportunity: (601) 631-6123 SHARP: (601) 631-6105
ID Card/DEERS: (601) 631-6102 Safety: (601) 631-6130
Inspector General: (601) 631-6456 Staff Judge Advocate: (601) 631-6209
The 412th TEC, headquartered in Vicksburg, Miss., is made up of three Brigades and seven Direct Reporting Units located in 20 states east of the Mississippi River, and with a force of nearly 13,000 Army Strong Soldiers. The command implements policy, and provides guidance and resources to all of its subordinate Army Reserve units east of the Mississippi River.
The 412th Theater Engineer Command traces its history from July 1923 with the activation of the 372d Engineers, First Corps, Organized Reserves. During WW II, the unit saw active duty as the 372d Engineer General Service Regiment, earning the Meritorious Unit Commendation for action in the European Theater.
After the war, the Headquarters and Headquarters Service Company was assigned to Missoula, Mont. as part of the Organized Reserve.
In May 1949, the unit was re-designed as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 412th Engineer Brigade and assigned to Vicksburg, Miss., under Third U.S. Army. Its ranks were largely filled by members of the 366th Engineer Construction Group, a successor to the 338th Engineer Regiment, the first post-war Engineer Reserve unit established in Vicksburg.
In January 1968, the Brigade was re-designed as the 412th Engineer Command and was assigned to the United States Army Reserve Command; its mission was executing engineer operations in the Korean, European, and Pacific Theaters and in the United States.
The 412th Engineer Command has deployed numerous detachments since the beginning of the Global War on Terrorism. In 2003, a detachment deployed as an Engineer Section to support the Headquarters, U.S. Army Europe. In 2004, a section from Command Group supported the Multi-National Force in Baghdad, Iraq. In 2005, the 412th Engineer Command deployed a design management section to support the 130th Engineer Brigade in Iraq. In 2006 and 2008, the 412th Engineer Command deployed two task forces to augment the Gulf Region Division of the Corps of Engineers in Iraq. In 2008 as well, the 412th TEC deployed the 926th Engineer Brigade to support the 4th Infantry Division in Baghdad, Iraq.
On March 23, 2009, the 412th Engineer Command received permanent orders to transform into a Theater Engineer Command. Those orders reorganized and re-designated the 412th Engineer Command as the 412th Theater Engineer Command effective Oct. 1 2009.