Strategic (Component) Priorities
* Develop, Plan, Program, and Resource Army Reserve 2025 as a versatile mix of technical and tactical capabilities in service to the Total Force.
* Develop National Leaders by leveraging military and civilian skills, training, and experiences from the private and public sectors.
* Sustain the Army Reserve as an All-Volunteer Force comprised of resilient Soldiers, Civilians, and Families supported by engaged employers and caring communities.
* Ensure Army Reserve Soldiers and Civilians are Committed to the Army and the Profession of Arms - tell the Army’s story, be a “Soldier for Life.”
* Use the Army Reserve’s “Plan, Prepare, Provide” and “Private Public Partnership” initiatives to generate individual, leader, and unit readiness; Army Reserve Ambassadors can also help here, know them and use them.
* Maximize the Army Reserve’s Unique Global Command Capabilities.
Operational (Command) Priorities
* Lead and Grow Leaders to Serve the Army – Instill trust and confidence. Officers empower your NCOs, NCOs train your officers, don’t forget about your civilian workforce. Use training events as your basic model for growing leaders.
* Man and Care for our Force – Everyone has the responsibility to recruit and retain. Reach out to those who are hurting. We can prevent sexual harassment / assault and suicides. Know what Fort Family is and use it.
* Train to Standard – Training is a command team responsibility. Make sure your battle assemblies are NOT administrative assemblies. Utilize partnerships and relationships with Active and Guard units. Get serious with physical fitness.
* Use Resources Responsibly – Do less with less, but whatever you do, do it better than anyone else. Create a culture of cost management and audit readiness. Find ways to save money.
* Generate Readiness in all That You Do – The Unit Status Report (USR) is your report card for readiness. Do those things that generate readiness.
* Live the Army Values, Enforce Accountability & Discipline – We have no place in our Army for sexual assault or harassment of any kind. Don’t tolerate anyone who fails to meet these non-negotiable values – let’s stay Army Strong!